We are an independent charity registered with the Charity Commission and the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We provide services, as well as practical and emotional support to people with dementia, their carers and families. Our services cover the Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley areas.
We and we aim to help people to remain in their own homes for as long as possible, in the best way possible. To receive our services you do not need to have a medical referral. We offer a wide range of services, some of which are free:
- 24 Hour Kent Dementia Helpline – a confidential service.
- Carers Support Groups – Carers can attend on their own or with the person they are supporting.
- Singing For The Brain – People living with dementia who may have difficulty finding words often remember and sing songs from start to finish.
- Monday Club – This runs from 10am – 3pm (except Bank Holidays) and offers a planned programme of events that includes visits to places of interest and lunches in lovely cafes.
- Carers Learning Groups – Aimed at those who are caring for someone living with Dementia, these courses generally run over five weeks, with three-hour sessions each week and includes resource material and information from guest speakers.
- Memory Cafes – held across the area.
- Peer Support Groups – If you have recently had a diagnosis of dementia, you may have questions to which you are seeking answers. These groups offer: practical and emotional support in a confidential environment, signposting to services, shared experience, and guest speakers.
- Garden Lodge – Day Care runs Monday to Saturday 10am to 3pm. Transport is available.
- Support at Home – Support workers help people to maintain their independence over a two-hour weekly time frame, or greater.
- Support At Home Plus – Personal Care, assistance with medication, food preparation and household assistance – all provided by care workers trained in supporting people with dementia.
- Darent Valley Hospital Bridging Service – Assist with earlier discharge from hospital.
Further information is available from:
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support Services
Tel. 01474 533990
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support Services registered charity No. 1024385