Below are the details of the Dementia Friendly Communities 2017 Innovation Fund
The minimum project funded is £500 and the maximum is £2,000 and can only be funded up to 50% of the total cost of a project and the remaining balance of the project must be met by match funding.
There is a limited amount of funding available and grants will be awarded based on the quality of the application, related to meeting the required outcomes and the ability to deliver the project.
This year the Dementia Friendly Communities Innovation fund will support projects that work with local businesses, organisations, leisure , sports or arts which deliver outcomes which enable people with dementia to maintain their independence and remain part of their communities for as long as practicable.
Funding will be provided for projects that can contribute to one or more of the KCC outcomes below:
- older and vulnerable residents are safe and supported with choices to live independently
- communities benefit from economic growth by being in-work, healthy and enjoying a good quality of life.
The grant can be used for:
- addressing loneliness
- reducing social isolation
- working with local businesses, organisations, leisure, sports or arts to help those with dementia remain part of the community
- and/or maintaining their pastimes, hobbies and activities.
When you apply, you must be able to show in your application that:
- your proposal will develop existing partnerships and encourage new partnerships between various sectors of the community
- your proposal will build on the work already started by the Kent Dementia Action Alliance and the ‘Working to Become Dementia Friendly’ (WTBDF) recognition symbol
- you will consult with and promote the project to those living with dementia as well as local businesses and organisations
- you will aim to continue the activity after the initial funding period
- you will provide appropriate monitoring and evaluation, including case studies where appropriate, to enable other organisations to benefit from the project and support future development of opportunities.
- you will provide regular updates on the dementiafriendlykent.org website.
Greater consideration will be given to funding applications which have:
- been submitted through a Kent Dementia Action Alliance or Dementia Friendly Community
- intergenerational and/or community groups involvement
- arts, culture, sports or leisure activities
- assistive technology and aids
- business and retail sector involvement.
Further information and application process can be found at: https://www.kent.gov.uk