Health and Social care organisation ‘working to become dementia friendly’
No Place Like Home is a small, privately owned service, providing exceptional quality companionship and care to senior residents in Canterbury and Swale areas of Kent. Our vision is a world where later life is lived to its full potential and our mission is to help people make the most of later life.
Please visit our website for more information regarding our services and also our FREE Dementia Workshop for Family Carers. Telephone: 01795 597983.Canterbury, Swale http://www.noplacelikehome.eu
‘Working to become Dementia Friendly’
Health and Social Care based organisations have a more indepth application and are expected to sign up to a number of actions relevant to their field.
- No Place Like Home has read all of the required commitments and agree that the organisation will adhere to these commitments
- 100% of Personal Assistants will receive Bespoke Person-Centred Dementia Training
- No Place Like Home will continue to Chair Dementia Action Alliance Faversham, Ashford and Canterbury working with members from a wide range of sectors to progress individual awareness-raising projects
- 100% of Personal Assistants will undertake i-CARER Training
- No Place Like Home will collaborate with the England Centre for Practice Development in order to contribute thinking on dementia care best practice approaches for the development of new dementia housing schemes in Kent
- The Managing Director and Registered Manager of No Place Like Home will continue to lead by example and will become ESTHER Coaches in order to further develop their team of Personal Assistants
- Alison Carter will continue to work with local secondary schools – providing Dementia Friends sessions as part of the PHSE curriculum