Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge & Malling
Health and Social Care Organisations ‘Working to become Dementia Friendly’
As the UK’s leading provider of care at home, we provide relationship-centred services offering companionship and practical support to enable our clients to live a fulfilling life at home with dementia. Our unique approach focuses on understanding every client as an individual, keeping them enjoying life, motivating them and reducing behaviours that cause concern.
Our care is about building trusted relationships with careful matching of CareGivers to Clients, the consistency of the same people visiting the Client and having the time to build that understanding of what someone enjoys and is capable of. We believe in supporting our Clients in doing as much for themselves as possible and are privileged to go with them through their journey with dementia.
The Care Quality Commission have recognised the standard of our work in awarding us an Outstanding rating.
We provide free training for family carers, volunteers and professionals to help them care for people living with dementia. Our team volunteer time to the Dementia Friendly Communities in Kent and Symone Salwan, Founder and Manager, Co-Chairs the Sevenoaks Area DFC and is Deputy Chair of Tonbridge DFC.
To Us It’s Personal – please see our website to find out more.
Sevenoaks, Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells
‘Working to become Dementia Friendly’
Health and Social Care based organisations have a more indepth application and are expected to sign up to a number of actions relevant to their field.
- Home Instead Senior Care TW has read all of the required commitments and agree that the organisation will adhere to these commitments
- Lead and ensure sustainability of 3 existing Forget-Me-Not Cafes – Edenbridge, Westerham, Knole
- Monthly cafes with planned activities, attendance records, feedback forms, funding secured
- Launch 1 further Forget-Me-Not Cafe with partner organisations
- Set up and running of 1 further monthly cafe to run for at least 1 year. New partner organisations’ participation.
- Organise and secure funding for 2 Wellbeing days per year with partner organisations
- Running of 2 Wellbeing days, attendance records, feedback forms, funding secured, partner organisations’ participation
- Completion and recording of At Risk of Going Missing forms for all clients living with Dementia or Memory/Cognition issues
- At Risk of Going Missing forms completed, copies in clients’ files and in clients’ homes