The Sunflower Centre
The Sunflower Centre is open Monday to Thursday 9.30am- 3pm.
COGS Club every Friday 10 am to 3 pm.
High staffing care levels in a kind and caring environment
The service offers people with a dementia
- An enjoyable day out in a safe environment
- Care from trained staff
- The possibility of living in their own home longer
- Social skills from being in company
The service offers carers
- Relief from their caring responsibilities
- Knowledge that the person they care for is receiving a high standard of care
- Support from other carers through regular group meetings
- Access to other services provided by
Age Concern Sandwich and signposting
to other organisations.
COGS Club every Friday
every Friday 10 am to 3 pm.
A club for people with mild dementia.
A COGS session consists of a full day of activity, stimulation, music and fun for a person with mild dementia or memory-loss problems.
The weekly sessions last for as long as a member can benefit.
COGS provides the opportunity for them to recall or develop new skills in activities and to facilitate transfer of these skills to activities at home.
COGS also provides the family/carer with a day’s respite.
The criteria for joining the club is that each member is able to participate actively in the activities, is self-caring and has the willingness to be part of the group.
For further information and enquiries
Sunflower Centre Manager:
Sally Barclay on 01304 614237