The purpose of the Kent DAA ‘Cultural Arm is:
- To transform the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers through promoting the National Dementia Declaration
- Increasing awareness and understanding of dementia
- Breaking down barriers and helping remove stigmatisation.
- To support those with dementia, their families and carers, ensuring they are heard and can gain the help they need.
- Working towards the priorities* agreed and chosen by the group on a yearly basis.
*Priorities will be appended annually once agreed by the membership and a joint action plan agreed.
Individual member Objectives
Each member will actively contribute to the ongoing development of the forum and delivery of the dementia declaration objectives:
- I have personal choice and control or influence over decisions about me
- I know that services are designed around me and my needs
- I have support that helps me live my life
- I have the knowledge and know-how to get what I need
- I live in an enabling and supportive environment where I feel valued and supported.
- I have a sense of belonging and of being a valued part of family, community and civic life.
- I know there is research going on which delivers a better life for me now and hope for the future
Each member will contribute by achieving the outcomes of their individual Action Plans where appropriate and by working together in a collaborative way in order to achieve the forum chosen priorities